Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Alley Way Stamps

Hi Everyone!

This is going to be a rather long post because I want to share some information with you.  I also have 3 new cards that I am dying to show you!

On Sunday I participated in Denami Design's Pretty Pastels Blog Hop.  As I hopped along the blog to see what the other participants had created, I stopped to look at
Barbara Murphy's creations.  I love many of her cards, but especially love the cards that she posted on this day.   I really liked the car and airplane images that she had stamped on those cards. 

I had never heard of The Alley Way Stamps so my next stop was to their web site.  I was drawn to the images on many of their stamps and thought I'd give them a try.  I behaved myself and ordered just 2 sets so I could check out their service and the quality of their stamps.  I couldn't have been more pleased with their service.  I ordered the stamps on Sunday night and they arrived in my mailbox on Wednesday afternoon.  I am also thrilled with the quality of their stamps and plan to order more sets very soon.

The first 2 sets I ordered are called "Priceless Joy" and "Talk to Me".  "Priceless Joy" has the car and airplane images that first caught my eye and also has an adorable bird, elephant, bee, butterfly and more.  "Talk to Me" has some phrases that I know I'll use often and a variety of word balloons.  I am always looking for word balloons and now I have some!

I've only had the stamps for a day, but have already created 3 cards with them.  I used stamps from both of the sets I had purchased on these cards. 

Here's my first card.


Don't you just LOVE that bird!  I paper pieced him and didn't adhere the wings to the card so they would look as if they were flapping. 

I used the bumble bee stamp on my second card.



I added a pair of vellum wings to the ones I stamped. 

I stamped the elephant over and over again for my third card.



My card reminds me of a children's book called Elmer the Patchwork Elephant.  You can see that I stamped elephants on gray and polka dotted paper, fussy cut them, and adhered them to elephants that I had stamped on my layering paper. 

I hope you like the cards as much as I do and if you like them or don't like them I'd still love to have a comment from you.  Perhaps you can tell me which card you like best. 

Be sure to check out Barbara's blog and The Alley Way Stamp's web site too.  I am sure you'll enjoy both of them.

Have a nice night!
Carol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

EEEK!!! Carol these are AWESOME!!! I adore the bee card...the scene is perfect. And the chickie is so cute isn't he?! Love him :) I still haven't inked up Mr. Elephant yet. But, you've inspired me to make a card with him tonight :) Thank you so much for your kind words. I love making new friends through this hobby. I'll be a regular ;)

*Alison* said...

Carol,
Thanks so much for sending me here to see your adorable creations, and for letting me know what you thought about our stamps. I am so happy you are pleased with our service.. I love how you left the wings of your bird free, the bee flying over the flowers, and the unique elephant in the middle totally stands out.. :) Thank you again for your positive feedback.. it's so nice to hear! :) hope to see more creations from you soon.. HUGS
Ali
-owner of The Alley Way Stamps