Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Birthday, Robbie!

Good Morning Everyone!

Twenty-eight years ago today at 8:43 AM my son Robbie was born.  He weighed 8 pounds 2 ounces and had beautiful brown eyes just like his mother, his maternal grandmother and his great grandfather on his mother's side.   Perhaps that's why from the moment he was born Robbie and I have had a very special relationship. 

I couldn't decide what theme to use for Robbie's card and cupcakes this year.  He suggested turkeys, but even though those birds continue to stroll around in our yard day after day, that was last year's theme.  His next suggestion was owls so I decided to use that idea. 

Thursday will be the 4th of July and we all have that day off so we decided to wait and celebrate Rob's birthday at our cookout.  So for today I just have his card to share with you.

 
I used the same pattern for the owl that I used for Robbie's valentine a few years ago.  The owl is attached to the card with foam tape.  The balloons hang off of the card, but since I am not mailing the card it's not a problem.  The owl's claws are tiny rhinestones that I colored with a Copic marker.
 
Happy birthday, Robbie!
 
Love,
Mom

No comments: