Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Happy Birthday, Gayle

Hi Everyone!

I cannot believe that I haven't posted in over a month.  It was a long and busy month.  I am back today to share a card that I made last night for my friend Gayle.  Today is Gayle's birthday. 

The inspiration for her card came from a combination of cards on Pinterest and some Hero Arts bird stamps that are displayed in front of me.  I didn't use those stamps, but instead pulled out some of my circle and heart punches and played with them.  I also pulled some party hats out of my birthday embellishments clear container and got to work. 

I started out by arranging the circles and hats onto a piece of 4" x 5.25" white tag.  I didn't attach them to the card at that time.  When I was satisfied with the arrangement I stamped the sentiment and embossed it.  Next I added legs to the circles.  Then I ran the tag through a Sizzix birthday embossing folder and attached it to a blank red card. 

Then I glued the circles to the tag and attached the hat stickers.  I cut punched out hearts in half to create a wing for each bird.  I added some wiggly eyes and used tiny scraps to create beaks. 

Here's the card.


Happy birthday Gayle!

Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: