Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Happy National Strawberry Shortcake Day

Hi Everyone!

Happy National Strawberry Shortcake Day!  Did you know that almost every day of the year is a "National _____ Day?"  Sometimes I use the theme of the day as an inspiration for my cards and dinner. 

Nothing says summer like the beautiful red ripe strawberries that are in the produce section of all of the grocery stores right now.  Last night I made us the yummiest salad for dinner.  It had Boston lettuce, strawberries, blue cheese crumbles, and vegetarian bacon.  I eat regular bacon, but Robbie doesn't so I chosen the vegetarian bacon so we both could eat it. 

It seems cooler today so I may make some of our favorite strawberry shortcakes using this recipe from King Arthur Flour.  I am thinking of making a variety of tea sandwiches for some company and may use this recipe. It's a favorite of mine because it is made in the microwave and doesn't heat up the kitchen.

Meanwhile, I made some strawberry themed "thinking of you" cards yesterday. 
I looked through my supplies and found strawberry stamps, paper, and brads. 

 
 The canning jar, sentiment, jar lid and jar cloth were created with stamps from PaperTrey Ink's "Friendship Jar" clear stamp set.  The strawberries in the jar are brads. 
 



I used the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Summer" clear stamp set for this card along with another brad.


The frame on this card was created with a "Labels Eight" Speillbinder's die.   I stamped and fussy cut green and red strawberries from the Hero Arts "Simply Fresh" clear stamp set.  The sentiment is from PaperTrey Ink's "Fruit Fusion" clear stamp set.  At the moment the "berry" sentiment stamp is some place on the patterned rug in my dining room. I dropped it and it bounced off my knee and so far I haven't had any luck finding it. 


This card turned out the way I had hoped it would.  I used a Lockhart wooden stamp to create the bowl of strawberries, the sentiment from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Summer" clear mini stamp set, and some strawberry brads for the images.  The frame was created with a "Classic Rectangles" Spellbinder's die. 


This card is my favorite.  I die cut the leaves and blue background.  The flowers were punched from a Fiskars paper punch.  I added a tiny yellow brad to the center of each flower.  I also used more strawberry brads.

And that's it for today!  Hope that you enjoy something "strawberry" today.  If you do please post a comment and tell us what you had.

No comments: