Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

More Thanksgiving Cards

Hi Everyone!
It's been a good week, but a busy one and the next two are going to be absolutely insane!  I had a little unplanned fun today.  My friend Janet and I went shopping at Absolutely Everything in Topsfield.  We both left with bags filled with fun.  I bought a Fiskars leaf squeeze punch, mitten Shapeabilities, small Maya Road chipboard cooking tools and keys, some fall rubons, dimensional cooking stickers, some Maya mists, a couple of ink pads, the 6" x6" SEI Moonrise paper pad, and a Martha Stewart scallop dot paper punch.  I want to play with my new toys, but first I have a workshop and an afterschool class to prep and Christmas cards to make before next weekend's craft fair. 




I have a few more Thanksgiving cards to share with you today.  I love this one and it was so easy to create.  I used a Sizzix tag die to create the tags.  The turkey is a Recollections sticker that I got at Michaels and the text is a Melissa Frances transfer.  It's fun to place embellishments and text on the tag cutouts and use them as the focal point of a card.



The raffia I used on this card came from a roll of raffia ribbon that I bought at Target.  It reminds me of cornstalks.  The text is from a set of clear stamps from Inkadinkado called "Filigree Fall".

The next 2 cards were stamped with stamps from
Inkadinkado's "Harvest Expressions" clear stamp set.  I am thinking of adding something else to them, but haven't decided what that something will be.  I think a strip that I create from one of my edge punches might be just what they need.


That's it for today!  Hope you have a great weekend. 
Carol

No comments: