Search This Blog

Friday, November 19, 2010

More Ornaments

Hi Everyone!
I haven't abandoned you!  As I said a few days ago I have been as busy as one of Santa's elves.  Today I will share photographs of a few more of the ornaments I created. 
Tootsie roll lollipop ornaments are easy to create.  They're made from a 1.5 inch styrofoam ball, a lollipop stick, and a 6-inch square of fabric.  I used the pinking blade of my fabric rotary cutter to help me cut the fabric squares.  I used a hot glue gun to attach the lollipop sticks to the styrofoam balls.
I threaded a piece of gold cord through the center of each fabric square and created a loop so that the lollipops can be hung on a tree.  Then I draped the fabric square over the styrofoam ball.  I wrapped and tightly tied  a 10-inch length of thin ribbon around the fabric on the ball. 


I've had a box of small embellishments sitting on one of my shelves for years.  I used them to decorate some tiny wreaths.  The wreaths can be hung from a tree or used as napkin rings. 

When I was out shopping the other night I saw a pop-up sort of card that I liked and decided to make one of my own.  The outside of it has some snowflakes that were created from a Marvy Uchida giga snowflake punch and the words "A gift for you."  Those words were created with clear alphabet stamps from Lawn Fawn called Harold's ABCs.  I LOVE those stamps.  I've only had them for a few weeks, but have used them so many times when I had a message that I wanted to create, but didn't have a stamp with that message.  After I took a picture of the card and studied the picture I decided to add some rhinestones to the snowflakes just to make them sparkle a bit more.
It's a bit hard to see the inside of the card.  I used a Sizzix Bigz Spiral/Garland die and cut 2 spirals.  First I glued 2 sheets of decorative paper inside the card.  Then I added the 2 spirals.  I embellished the spirals and the decorative papers with snowflakes that I paper punched and cut from some dies. 
I created and printed some business cards that say, "Place any gift card here" so that the people who purchase the card will know it's a gift card holder.  I used some photo corners to attach the message card to the card.  The card was a little labor intensive especially since I had to play around for a while to figure out how to create it.  Now that it's done, I really like it. 
Tomorrow is the craft fair at St. Joseph's Parish in Wakefield.  I'll be there with my drum, wreath, lollipop and knitting basket ornaments; my tea light cupcakes, my hostess candle and matches sets, and hundreds of cards for all occasions. 
Have a great night!
Carol

No comments: