Search This Blog

Monday, March 7, 2011

Peep!

Happy Monday Everyone!



My friend Cindy from Mississippi (www.thevirtualvine.com) mentioned she'd like to know what Jeanne and I bought the other day so I'll start today's post with that story.


Jeanne takes Marie on a day long shopping trip each year on her birthday. This year Jeanne decided that she wanted to do the same thing with me on my birthday and said we'd go shopping for paper crafting supplies. I told her I'd happily shop online, but that wasn't her idea of fun. So we decided to go someplace I'd never been and drove for about an hour to Rockland, MA to shop at The Crop Shop. As soon as we walked into the store we were greeted by Dee who owns the shop and one of her employees, Jean. Dee was packing for a trade show so she asked Jean to give us a tour. It turned out that we "needed" that tour because The Crop Shop is divided up into about 6 rooms and has a huge classroom that comfortably seats about 30 people. Each room is not only packed with supplies, but also has samples and decorative touches that make the store feel especially comfortable and inviting. My sister isn't a paper crafter, but totally loved the way the store looked and felt.


After our tour Jeanne grabbed a basket and told me to start shopping. In the second room I found Cosmo Cricket's Pixielicious 6" x 6" Mini Deck and some "Sweet Song" paper from My Mind's Eye's Alphabet Soup collection.

Jeanne has always loved "Lego" and squealed with delight when she discovered some Lego stickers and sheets of red, blue, green, and yellow Lego paper. She quickly added those things to the basket and said I could make something for her new house or her birthday with it. I found a package of school themed "BINGO" cards that I'll use for either end or beginning of the school year cards. Peggy, I was thinking of you when I saw them. I think the nieces and nephews will like them!


I've been looking every where for the We R Memory Keepers "Sew Easy" Stitch Piercer Handle and was thrilled to finally find it. Even though Jeanne was willing to buy me all of the "Stitch Piercers", I chose just the "cross" stitch one so that I can make sure that I like it and will use it. It turns out that you can stitch at least 3 different ways with the "cross" stitch piercer which I think is very cool. I've played with it a little and already know that I will be getting other stitch styles one of these days.


My favorite purchase came from the Holidays room. It's a 6" x 6" paper pad called "Peep" from We R Memory Keepers. As you may have guessed the papers in this pad are Easter related and I've already made some cards with it.

The Crop Shop has a Rewards Club. Each time you visit the store your card is stamped with the pre tax total of your day's purchases and when your card is filled you receive the average of those purchases as a gift certificate to the store.


If you are in need of a "feel good" kind of shopping day you'll want to visit The Crop Shop. They aren't especially deep on stamps, but I was told that they are increasing their inventory in that area. Sometimes just being warmly greeted and having the opportunity to walk around and absorb the atmosphere, view creative ideas, and add a few new goodies to your stash makes for a very special day.


Here are 2 of the cards that I've made so far using paper from the "Peep" Paper Pad. When I saw the layering paper on this first card I immediately thought of those marshmallow bunnies and chicks that we know of as "Peeps". Happily I have a "Peeps" bunny and a text stamp that says "for peeps sake!" from A Muse Artstamps.


I used them for this card along with a "Happy Easter" stamp from Denami Designs. The eggs and basket are Favorite Findings buttons that I purchased at JoAnn Fabrics. The ink I used for all stamped images is a Razzberry Color Box pigment ink pad.


The papers on this card are also from the "Peep" paper pad. The basket and eggs were created with a Martha Stewart paper punch. The bow on the basket is from another Martha Stewart paper punch. The stickers and yellow ric rac are from my stash.


I have more cards and other goodies to share with you sometime soon.



Have a great night!
Carol

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Hi Carol,

Thanks for sharing your trip. What a neat idea that your sister has ... think I may steal that idea to use with my family. Love the last brightly colored card. Those are my colors! :) We have Spring Break coming up soon, so maybe I'll get to create something, too.