Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Birthday Cards

Hi Everyone!

I know that I have mentioned that I have been looking for some truck stamps.  Well, the other day I discovered a set of clear stamps from SandyLion designs that are called "Boy Clear Stamp".  There aren't any typos there.  Even though there are 15 clear stamps in the set, the name of the set is in fact "Boy Clear Stamp".  The set has a truck, a car, a sailboat, a rocket, and other forms of transportation as well as a dog, an alligator, and more.  I decided to use the spaceship, truck and car stamps on last night's cards. 

Recently while I was driving along one of the major highways in Massachusetts I glanced up at one of the overhead signs.  The road was about to split in more than one direction and the overhead sign was a series of arrows putting in a variety of directions.  I thought how lucky I was to know exactly where I was going because I couldn't imagine driving at 65 mph or more and having to interpret that very confusing sign. 

The layering paper I used on the cars and truck cards is from the American Crafts Travel paper collection.  The arrows on that paper remind me of the road sign that I saw the other day.  I stamped the cars onto some solid colored tag, embossed them and fussy cut them.  I used a PaperTrey Ink clouds die to cut the clouds and stamped "Happy birthday" on one of them with a clear stamp from my stash.  I added a layer of black tag (for the road) between the arrows and sky papers. 

You've seen cutaways on maps that highlight an area of the map.  Well, I used a cutaway on this card to draw attention to the truck that is delivering a package that says, "Happy Birthday".  I added some rhinestone headlights to the truck along with some fuzzy black sticker hub caps.  The truck is attached to the card wth foam tape. 


The layering paper on this card is from the dcwv "All About Boys" small stack.  I stamped and embossed "Happy Birthday".  I cut out a tiny spaceship from another piece of the paper and used foam tape to layer it on top of the same image.  I used the space ship clear stamp from the Boy Clear Stamp set, embossed it, fussy cut it and used foam tape to adhere it to my card.  I added some rhinestone "lights" to it.  I also put a few rhinestone stars in the sky.    

Last night I presented a Family Literacy Night.  Tonight I am presenting a Family Math Night! 
Busy days!  Busy nights!

Have a great night!
Carol

                          

No comments: