Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy First Communion Lauren and Ashley

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Yesterday Toni and I attended the Creating Keepsakes Conference in Manchester, New Hampshire.  It was AWESOME!  We attended 3 fantastic classes and had a blast shopping at the vendor faire.  One of the classes we attended was called Greetings by Design by Heartstring Designs.  It was such a great class.  We made one ribbon handled purse card, one clutch purse card, and one sport card.  My favorite was the ribbon handled purse card. 

My friend Kathy asked me to create some cards for her grandchildren, Lauren and Ashley, who will be making their First Communion this Saturday.  I talked with Kathy and decided to make each of the girls a ribbon handled purse card.  Ashley's favorite color is pink so I made her a pink purse.  Lauren's favorite color is purple so I made her a purple purse.

I began by cutting a sheet of  patterned pink paper and a sheet of patterned purple paper so that they measured 6" across and 10" down.  I cut some small doilies that I found in the cake decorating section at Michaels in half and left others whole.  I sprayed some Elmer's glue on the back of them and attached them to the papers.  I think the spray glue was perfect for this project because I wanted the doilies to lay flat on the paper. 

Then I traced one of the templates we were given in the class onto each sheet of paper.  I cut out the patterned paper and then traced the template onto some white tag to use as a liner for the cards.  I adhered a 12" piece of ribbon to the patterned papers to create the handle for each card.  Then I attached the liner to the card. 
There's a piece of velcro under the purse's clasp.  I attached a decorative brad to each clasp and a silk flower to each purse. 

I used some letter stickers to spell out Lauren and Ashley's names on some white tag.  Then I used my blue circle punch to punch out the white circle.  I punched out 2 each of decorative circles that matched the purses and attached them back to back before I added the white circles.  I ran the circles through a Swiss Dots embossing folder, punched a hole in it, and threaded a beaded key ring through it.  Then I attached a key ring to each purse. 

Kathy can write a message inside each purse and if she wants could attach a gift card in them too. 

Here's another purse I created today.  I plan to make a key ring that says "Happy Mother's Day" and attach it to the purse. 

Happy First Communion Lauren and Ashley!

Have a nice night everyone.
Carol

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Carol, these are just too cute! I might try these for some Mother's Day cards/tags to go on some plants I purchased. I'll have to design my own template.

Jeanne said...

I think these are your cutest cards yet! They are SO adorable.

Shirley said...

How adorable and so feminine too! They will love them and what wonderful keepsakes!

Carol Hartery said...

Thanks everyone! As I mentioned in the blog the template wasn't my own, but I have to say the purse cards are my favorite these days.