Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bee My Valentine

Hi Everyone!



Hope you enjoyed your holidays as much as we did. Marie and Robbie continue to amaze me. Marie made lots of candy and cookies this year. She "painted" snowflakes, Santa, and snowmen on her candies and then made boxes for the candy and "maps" like you find in a box of Whitman samplers that tell you which candy is which. She turned ordinary bakery bags into decorated bags that looked as yummy as her cookies. Unfortunately we were all so busy we didn't stop to take pictures of any of our creations.


Robbie and I baked between 600 and 700 cookies during the week that lead up to Christmas. That's not quite as many as we usually bake, but we were pleased with our results and had fun working together.


My camera broke a few months ago so I have been using Marie's camera. I was very excited to discover that Jeanne and Marie bought me a new one for Christmas. Marie also gave me a gift certificate to Michaels and some valentine stickers to help me get started on my valentines. Robbie gave me a "Care package" that was filled with logs for the fire, an amazing variety of diabetic snacks, and lots and lots of tea bags.



I've already put some of the stickers from Marie, a couple of the logs, some of the snacks, and lots of the tea bags to good use. I used my Scor-Buddy to help me set up the grid for this first card. "Happy Valentine's Day" was stamped with a text stamp from My Sentiments Exactly. I used a Fiskars scalloped heart punch and a Martha Stewart heart punch to create the heart in the bottom right hand corner of the card. If you looked closely you can see that I paper pierced the white heart to make it look lacy.


I saw the idea for this tea bag holder on Teri Anderson's blog a few days ago. If you go to her blog you will find the instructions for it. I used a "purple" Marvy Uchida scalloped heart punch for the white heart and a "pink" Marvy Uchida heart punch for pink heart. As I did on my card I paper pierced the edges of the white heart to give it a lacy look. I use that technique a lot because it's simple to do and adds so much to the punch out. The message "Be Mine" was created with some 7/16" dot white stickers from Making Memories. I backed 2 bee stickers (made 2 of them) to each other so that I could fold their wings and add dimension to them. I only attached their bodies to the heart. I wrapped 6 tea bags in some red ribbon that has hearts on it and slid them into the holder.

Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: