Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Valentines for You

Hi Everyone!


I just downloaded images of 23 valentines onto my computer. I am going to try to share a few of them each day for the next week or so. I have also created some new thank you and all occasion cards that I will share with you soon.

I ran the layering paper for this first card through a hearts Cuttlebug embossing folder. Then I stamped a medium heart crock from A Country Welcome stamp onto the paper. I used my watercolor pencils to color the crock.  I masked the top of the crock before I stamped a Tree for all Seasons from Stamps by Judith so that it would appear to be growing in the crock. Then I used a heart button stamp by Judith to add hearts to the tree. I colored the buttons in with my Marvy Twinklette markers.

The papers that I used for the next card are from October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker 8" x 8" paper pad. This paper is to die for as are the embellishments and other products in this vintage line. The entire collection reminds me of learning to read with Dick and Jane and of growing up in the fifties. There's a "Felix the Cat" clock in the Chip 'n Stick package that I just had to buy because Jeanne and I had that clock in our room when we were growing up in West Roxbury.

Anyway to get back to the valentine I used a Martha Stewart punch to punch out the plain hearts and a Fiskars squeeze punch to punch out the scalloped ones. I paper pierced the the scalloped heart to give it a lacy edge. The "x"s and "o"s are Maya Road rubons. "Hugs and Kisses" was stamped with a Stampabilities stamp. I used letters from Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABC to spell out "sending you".



You'll love creating this "love" card because it's so easy to do. The paper is from a K and Company block. I used a Martha Stewart edger punch to embellish it. I cut out some of the hearts from some scraps from the layering paper and used pop dots to attach them to the card. Added a few rhinestones to help the hearts pop out even more. The letters are from PiggyTales.

Will be back sometime tomorrow.
 
Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: