Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Halloween

Good Morning Everyone!

I could easily get carried away creating Halloween cards.  Not sure why I am so drawn to this holiday.  Maybe it's because we celebrate it in the middle of my favorite season.  Maybe it's because I love all of the shades of orange and how black makes orange pop out even more. 

I have a stash of Halloween papers that are left over from last year or maybe even longer.  I decided to play with them last night and quickly created a stack of cards. 

The background paper on this first card is from the dcwv "Midnight Spell" small paper pad.  The lime green, the haunted house and swirls, and purple edging are all part of the paper.  I used my craft knife to cut slits in the house and then slid some Martha Stewart ghost stickers into those slits.  I placed some glittery Martha Stewart bat stickers in the lime green sky.  Then I stamped the Denami Design Pumpkin Trio onto a scrap of orange paper, fussy cut each pumpkin and adhered them to the card with foam tape. 


For my second card I cut out a scene from some K&Company Halloween paper and adhered it to a blank black card.  I fussy cut a monster from a second sheet of paper and used foam tape to layer him onto the monster that was already on the card.  Then I stamped the sentiment onto a scrap of orange paper, used a circle punch to cut it out, and adhered it to the card with foam tape. 


I used an AccuCut Zip'e Slim die to cut out the pumpkin for today's last card.   (Janet that pumpkin die is the one I told you about the other day.  The circular opening is 2.5" wide.)   I created the sentiment on my computer and used a circle punch to punch it out.  The ghost is from SEI. 


That's it for today.  I plan to share other cards with you tomorrow so I hope you'll stop by again.  Would love some comments too.

Have a great day!
Carol

1 comment:

Peggy Burns said...

Love the third card (love them all but that one the best). Let me know when I can come by and get some.