Search This Blog

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Note Cards

Good Morning Everyone!

Not sure why I got up so early, but I did and that means I have time to write this post before I get ready for work.  I am going to share a few of the note cards that I made for my sisters.  I recreated a couple of cards that I made years ago.  First up, "just saying hello".


The telephone was created with a Lawn Fawn stamp.  I cut the receiver off of the phone and added a jewelry wire cord to it.  The phone and the receiver are attached to the card with foam tape.  I store all of my clear "hello" stamps together in a cd case so I don't have to search through my clear stamp sets to find that sentiment. 

 
Years later this Hero Arts frog still makes me smile.  I stamped and fussy cut him.  I used a gold and a white Uniball pen to color in his spots and flowers.  I also used the gold pen to color in the tops of the DRS Designs cattails.  The cattails stamp is tall.  I stamped 3 times to create the cattails in different heights.  I used foam tape to adhere the frog to the card so that it looks as if he's sitting in front of the cattails.
 
 
When I saw the Paper Smooches "Squeaky Clean" clear stamp I HAD to buy it.  So many times my friends have shared one story or another with me and when I thought about what had happened to them I said to myself (or to them), "That sucks!"  Admit it.  Doesn't that card make you smile!  The chandelier was created with a stamp from Lawn Fawn's "How Delightful" clear stamp set.  I used Versa Mark ink to stamp it and heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.


The humidity doesn't seem quite as bad today.  There wasn't even a puff of air outside yesterday.

Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: