Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Simon Says Stamp Lunch Box Dies

Hi Everyone!

About a week ago I watched a video by Jennifer McGuire and knew I NEEDED the lunch box dies and one of the stamp sets that she featured.  I learned about the video from her blog which I follow everyday.  Here's the link to the post that inspired me.

http://www.jennifermcguireink.com/2014/08/video-lunch-box-notes-for-kids-giveaway.html

I ordered the die set and one of the stamp sets from Simon Says Stamp and was thrilled when they arrived at my home just 4 days later. 

Marie has been spending hours each day studying for her OT exam.  I decided that some "lunch box notes" would bring a smile to her face.  They're working.  She laughs and says, "I'm crazy." and "I need a life."  Yet she's laughing and smiling with each of those comments. 

I've also been using the dies and stamps to create some cards for Jill's nephews.  Here are a few of the cards I made for them.

 
The layering paper that I used is from the dcwv "All About Boys" small paper pad.  The super hero image was already on the paper.  I think the sentiment works perfectly with it. 
 
 


This is one of the images and sentiments that I also used on one of the mini cards I created for Marie. As Jennifer suggested while I was using the dies I cut multiples of each die so I can easily grab one when I want one. 


The sentiment on this card is from The Alley Way Stamps "adoraBOWL" clear stamp set.  The layering paper is a Halloween paper that was in my stash.  The wavy lines appear to move as you look at the paper so I thought it was a fun one to use for a boy.

Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: