Search This Blog

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Merry banner

Hi Everyone!

I am on a banner making kick.  For starters I plan to create a banner to hang in my kitchen window and in each of my 2 dining room windows.  A couple of days ago I shared the JOY banner that I hung in one of my dining room windows.  Today I want to share the one I created for my other dining room window.


My banner was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest that was created by plaidonline.  You can see their banner at this link.

I was trying to decide how to create the triangles for the tree shape when I realized that if I turn a triangle that I cut from my We R Memory Keepers Banner Punch Board upside down it looks like the tree shape that I wanted.  I used kraft tag to cut five 6.5" triangles.  Then I used 3 patterned green papers to cut five 6" triangles. 

If you don't have a banner punch board there's no reason that you cannot create and cut your own triangles.


I used a hot glue gun to glue a cinnamon stick to the back of each triangle to create my tree trunks.


I used a hot glue gun to glue a piece of a drinking straw to the back of each tree. 


I threaded a long piece of baby ric rac through all of the straws to connect the trees together.


I found a package of 2" foil die cut letters in my stash.  I used foam tape to adhere the letters to my trees.  Then I used my hot glue gun to adhere a dimensional star to the top of each tree. 

 
Now the banner is hanging in my dining room window, but it's too bright to take a photo of it.  Next I plan to create a snowflake like yesterday's creation to hang above it. 
 
Have a great day!  It's getting cold outside.  Brrr...
 


No comments: