Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Mason Jar Bands Pumpkin

Hi Everyone!

Sorry that I continue to post so irregularly.  I am not sure where the time goes.  It seems as if I am always busy crafting, cooking, and cleaning. I manage to find a little time each day to craft, but rarely stop to photograph what I made. 

Today's craft has a story and a great message to you fellow crafters.  If you search the Internet you will find many suggestions on ways to use mason jar rings to create a pumpkin.  I was inspired by the suggestions at this link, but as you will see I didn't follow their suggestions completely. 


I wanted to create a pumpkin.  I looked through my mason jar bands and found some that were white and some that were silver.  I thought to myself that I could use what I have or go out and buy more bands so that they would all be the same color.  I chose to use what I had. 

Many of the posts suggest that you spray paint the bands, but I didn't have any orange spray paint.  I looked at my craft supplies and thought ribbon or washi tape might work.  I decided to try ribbon.  I looked through my stash and even though I have tons of ribbon I only found one unopened orange roll and 2 orange rolls that had very little ribbon on them. 

So I kept searching and pulled out some golds and browns and figured they could work because after all I was creating a fall pumpkin. 

Well, you can see how my pumpkin turned out and I absolutely love it.  I used 1/4" wide Scor-tape to adhere the ribbon to each mason jar band.  My bands are strung together with twine and the pumpkin's stem is made from cinnamon sticks. 

So my message is...shop in your stash.  You may end up having exactly what you need!

Have a great day!

No comments: