Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Vintage Christmas Trees

Good Morning!

I was browsing through Pinterest last night when I saw a photo of some vintage Christmas trees that were made from paper.  I thought they looked adorable and easy so I decided to create some of my own.  The ones on Pinterest are standing in small wood slices, but I didn't have any of those so I substituted green bottle caps from Tropicana Orange Juice.  Yes, I have a stash of them.  They are leftovers from my preschool teaching days.  My students used them for a variety of projects.



I had plenty of paper, skewers and stars so I got to work.  I created a pattern for a triangle and traced it onto the back of each paper.  I cut out the triangles and scored the paper.  The tree made from musical notes paper was scored at one inch intervals.  The other two were scored at half inch intervals. 

Then I folded the score lines back and forth like you do when you create a paper fan.  I used a heavy duty paper punch to punch a hole through each fold.  Since it is a heavy duty punch I was able to do it with one firm punch.  I threaded a skewer through the holes on each tree. 

I used a craft drill to drill a small hole in each bottle cap and pushed the skewers into the holes.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the stars to the tops of the trees. 

I love the way they turned out and I don't mind the bottle caps at all.  My new motto to myself is "Save some cash.  Use your stash". 

Have a great day!

No comments: