Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

This 'n That

Good Morning Everyone!

I decided to post today’s blog before the anticipated humidity settles in on us. I’ve just skimmed through my picture files and saw some photographs of cards that I have created recently, but haven’t shared with you.





I purchased the Debbie Mumm paper and embellishments that I used on these cards a few weeks ago. You’ve seen me use that paper over and over again. Even though the paper is from small blocks that are called "Baby Boy" and "Baby Girl" , I’ve used it on all sorts of cards. The paper and embellishments were in the clearance aisle of one of the craft chain stores and I scooped it up knowing it has tons of potential. Look at the paper I have used on these cards and you will understand what I am saying.




These clean and graphic cards deliver their message immediately. They were quick and easy to create. The text is from Inkadinkado’s Baby Boy and Baby Girl clear stamp sets.






The clouds on this card were created with a
Puffy Velvet Fabric Marker from Marvy Uchida. I used the marker to draw the clouds and then I heated them up with my heating gun. The paint from the marker puffed up nicely. Don’t get the gun too close to the paint because if you do you’ll have a toasted marshmallow effect. Hmm, guess that would work if you wanted to make some toasted marshmallows on a card!

I saw a card like this one displayed at InkAbout It in Westford, MA and on the Great Impression’s web site. I loved the way the waves were created with an EK Success dotted wave paper punch and knew I had some Recollections whale stickers at home, so I purchased the "Have a Whale of a Good Time" Great Impression's wooden stamp and the EK Success punch . I created the card shortly after I came home with my "new toys". I stamped the text on a scrap of white tag and then trimmed the tag to make it look like a cloud. I inked the edges of the cloud to make it stand out.

Okay! That’s a nice variety of ideas for you to try.
Stay cool!
Carol

3 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

Great cards. Will be needing a baby card soon, will let you know boy or girl when I find out.

Carol Hartery said...

Thanks. You know where to find me! I see you have become a follower! Thanks for that too! TTYS

sucor said...

These are great Carol! Thanks for sharing!