Search This Blog

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scrapbooks etc. Card

Hi Everyone!



I do not scrapbook. I make cards, tags, gift boxes and bags, wreaths, and other paper crafts. Yet, one of my favorite magazines is Scrapbooks etc. This magazine arrives in my mailbox 6 times a year. In addition to scrapbooking ideas there are always wonderfully creative ideas for cards and crafts. I do study the scrapbook illustrations and read the ideas for them because many of the techniques can be applied to cardmaking.


In addition to being a subscriber to the magazine I frequently visit the Scrapbooks etc. web site. I love using the paper piecing patterns and there are always all sorts of great tips and techniques to learn.


The August 2011 magazine arrived in my mailbox on Friday. I tossed it into my bag as I headed out the door to my parent and child class. I sat and flipped through the magazine while I waited for my students to arrive. As soon as I saw the card idea on page 54 I wanted to run home to make it, but I taught my class and did some errands first.


I was amazed at how simple the card was to create and how quickly I finished the first one.

The tagweight paper I used is from SEI. Most of the embellishments are from SEI's Happy Day collection. The ribbons are from my stash. I stamped "Make a Wish!" and backed it with a scrap of blue tag before I adhered it to my card. See the ribbon on the side of the card? It's attached to a tag that is inside of a little pocket that is on the card. The directions in the magazine explain how to fold the card and create the pocket and pull tab.


When I woke up on Saturday I created my second card.
I used some double sided tag from SEI's Happy Day collection for the card. The paper embellishments are from the Me & My Big Ideas 12" x 12" Celebrate paper pad. The adhesive pearls, stickers, and ribbons are from my stash. This time I made my pocket a little wider so that a gift card will slip in and out of it easily.


The technique for this card can of course be used for any type of card. Saturday night I used it to create this baby card.


I dug through my stash and found all of the embellishments that you see on the card. I did not put a pocket on this card.


I cannot give you the specific directions for these cards, but you can purchase Scrapbooks etc. at newstands and you'll most definitely get your money's worth of ideas from it.  In the August issue in addition to great card ideas there's a cool idea for an ABC album and an On the Road Bingo that I am dying to create.


Enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Carol

2 comments:

Shirley said...

All 3 are just adorable and so much fun too! I really like the fold and what you used to embellish your cards too, Carol!

Cindy said...

Love the 2nd & 3rd ones. Too cute!