Search This Blog

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Thank you cards

Hi Everyone!

I needed to write a couple of thank you notes and realized that I didn't have any thank you cards.  I decided to make myself a dozen of them.  I dug into my paper stash and pulled out an 8" x 8" paper pad that Angela gave me for my birthday.  It's called "New Leaf" and is made by First Edition .  To help limit my paper choices I chose to work with just that one pad.  I tried to use my "scraps" as I worked.

My wooden "thank you" stamps are displayed together on the shelves that are just above my work table.  All of my clear "thank you" stamps are stored together in a cd case.  I put all of them on my desk and got to work.  The papers and my photographs are a little dark, but I wanted to share the cards with you tonight so here they are.

The "thanks a bunch" sentiments on the first 2 cards were created with a Lockhart stamp.



I used a die to create the "thanks" sentiment on this card.


I cut 5 white sentiments and a pale orange one for this card.  I used my Xyron X runner to add adhesive to each of them.  Then I layered them on top of each other. 

 
I used my Standard Circle Nestability dies to cut the circles for this card.  The sentiment was created with a wooden Penny Black stamp.  The layering paper is much prettier than it looks in the photograph.  There are tiny button brads on the circle that has the sentiment.
 
 
I used my Standard Circle Nestability dies for this card too.
 

 
The sentiment on this card was created with a Judi Lynn wooden stamp.  The orange flower is a brad.
 
 
The sentiments on the next 2 cards were created with a wooden stamp from A Country Welcome.
 
 

The sentiment on the next card was created with a wooden Stampendous stamp.


Not sure which company created the clear stamp that I used to create the sentiment on this next card.

 
I used a clear stamp from the Hero Arts Sending Smiles across the Miles clear stamp set to create the sentiment on today's last card.  The sentiment is adhered to the card with foam tape.  I used a Martha Stewart border punch to cut the edge of the floral paper. 


As you can see each card was created with patterned paper and just one sentiment stamp so they came together fairly quickly.  It was a great way to make myself 12 cards in one afternoon. 

Have a nice night. 
Carol

No comments: