Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Another Thank You Card

Hi Everyone!

I was standing in line at Michaels yesterday when I spotted the cover of CardMaker magazine.  I recognized the Lawn Fawn stitched leaves that were on a thank you card on the cover.  I decided it would be a great card to make for some Fall gifts. 

I used the card as inspiration, but didn't use the directions for it.  Instead of creating the woodgrain I decided to use some Lawn Fawn woodgrain cards that I purchased a few weeks ago.  Then I decided that I didn't like the size of those cards for this project so I cut the cards at the seams and mounted them onto some tag weight paper before I adhered them to a blank card. 

I don't own the Lawn Fawn stitched leaves dies, but do own some other leaf dies so I decided to use one of them.  There is some stitching in the middle of those leaves.


I used a Sizzix scalloped tag die to cut the tag.  I used VersaMark Ink when I stamped the sentiment and then used white embossing powder with my heat gun.  I tied some thin strands of hemp together to create my bow.

I've finally learned to create more than one of a card while I have the materials for it sitting on my desk.

 
Have a great night!
Carol
 

No comments: