Search This Blog

Thursday, August 2, 2018

Popsicle and Ice Cream Cones

Good Morning!

Instead of purchasing individual sheets of patterned paper, I often choose to purchase 6" and 12" paper pads.  Sometimes, some of the images in the 12" pads are too large for my cards, but I use those papers for the gift bags and boxes I create. 

I usually cut my layering papers so that they measure 4" x 5.25" or 5.25" x 4" which means I can create one card from a 6" paper and six from a 12" one.

When I am in a creative mood, but don't need to create a particular type of card, I flip through the paper pads to see which papers jump out at me. 

It will come as no surprise to you that some of the summer pads have ice cream and popsicle papers. I pulled out those papers.  Then I looked through my stamps, brads, and dies to see what I have that could work with those papers. 

I used a window trio circle die from Sunny Studios to create the circles on this card.  The ice cream cone brads are from Eyelet Outlet.  They have been discontinued, but there are some ice cream cone flatback resins there.


I was inspired to create this pop up card after I watched a video that was presented by Jennifer McGuire. 

Here's the front of the card.  You can see a scoop of ice cream through the window in the card.


Here's the inside of the card.  Now you can see the entire ice cream cone.  I used a Spellbinders die to create the ice cream cone.  The cherry is a brad.


I found a couple of different kinds of popsicle patterned paper in my stash.  The large popsicles were created with a Sizzix die.  The small popsicles are brads.
 


It's another humid day.  Would you rather have a popsicle, an ice cream cone, or some other cold treat?

No comments: