Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Jeremiah Was a Bull Frog

Good Morning Everyone!

Have you ever walked into a store and had something "call out to you"? Well, that's what happened to me a few days ago. I walked into HomeGoods and saw a lamp that I just had to buy! Was this lamp created for me or what!!!
The pompoms came in it and they don't come out. Well, maybe they'd come out if I loosened the hexagonal nut at the base of the lamp, but other pompoms wouldn't coordinate with the shade. Do the colors coordinate with my dining room which is where I do my crafting? No, not at all. Do I care? No, not at all! The lamp was just too cool to pass up and adds a fun touch to my crafting area.




My daughter, Marie, has been creating the most awesome things. Cupcakes, cakes, the watermelon turtle that I shared with you a while ago, different flavors of popcorn, and most recently candy. I bought her a Wilton chocolate melter and a few nights ago she was dipping everything in the house in melted chocolate...rod pretzels, tiny pretzels, popcorn, raisins, craisins, marshmallows, cereal, and more. Yesterday she made some peanut butter cups for Lisa's birthday and wanted to make a box for them. We found a "Timeless template" on PaperTreyInk's web site called Captured card case, purchased it, downloaded it, and created some boxes.

Here's the window box I created. I used one of my oval nestabilities to create the window.  I used a piece of a transparency for the "glass" in the window. 
The box is perfect for candy.  The box is also perfect for A2 cards! My sister, Pam, ordered 50 Christmas cards and 25 gift tags. The boxes hold about 15 embellished cards and their envelopes. So in addition to cards and gift tags, Pam will be getting some boxes that she can use as storage for small gifts.

Pam wants an assortment of cards.  She lives in California and would like them to arrive some time next week so I must settle down and get to work. Do you remember the song, "Joy to the World" that Three Dog Night sang back in the Seventies? The opening words are "Jeremiah Was a Bull Frog".
While I was exploring the Addicted to Rubber Stamps web site, I saw the "Xmas in the Pond" stamp from Penny Black stamps, I thought of that song and knew I had to use it on some of my cards. I found a "Joy to the World" stamp at Michaels. I mounted the frogs and text on musical patterned paper from this year's dcwv small Christmas Combo block. I used watercolor pencils to color the frogs.

I may post again in a day or two, but in case I don't I hope that all of you have a Happy Thanksgiving. Remember to save room for dessert and hot tea of course.

Carol
 

No comments: