Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just Checking In

Hi Everyone!

I know that I haven't posted in quite a while so I thought I would stop by to say hello.  I have been in Craft Fair mode so I have been busy creating duplicates and slight variations of cards I have already posted on this blog.   I will be at St. Joseph's Craft Fair in Wakefield on November 20 and at the Polar Bear Fair in Reading on December 11. 



I was asked to create an oversized retirement card that measured 8.5" x 11" when it was folded.  I was told that the retiree loves the beach.  One of the books I own, Fast and Fun Folded Cards edited by Tanya Fox, has a card in it that I referred to as I created my card.  This book from Annie's Attic has photographs and directions for a nice variety of folded cards and gift card holders. 



I followed the simple folding technique directions that were in the book and created the umbrella that you see on the card.  I have used those same directions to create tiny umbrellas as well as oversized ones for a bulletin board.  The sand is created from pieces of torn sandpaper.  All of the other pieces are embellishments that I had in my stash. 





Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: