Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tea Cards

Hi Everyone!

I am feeling pretty excited right now.  I just mailed my last card order and it's only December 14.  This means I will have time to make some cards that I can send out from my family.  I learned something about myself yesterday.  I was working on a card order and even though I have created hundreds of cards I felt nervous as I worked.  I wasn't nervous when Carla asked me to bring cards I had already made to her Art Gallery and I'm not nervous when I create samples for my classes, but I was a wreck yesterday.  I am not usually a perfectionist, but when it comes to my paper crafts I want everything to look good.

I took pictures of some of my favorite creations and I have a few to share with you today. 

I sponge painted some white tag with acrylic paints and created my own patterned paper.  The tree was stamped with a Hero Arts "Tree Trunk" wooden stamp.  I used Distress Ink to paint the tree.  The birds and music notes are brads from Eyelet Outlet.



I found the small doilies that I use on my cards in the baking section at Michaels.  The tea cups were stamped with a clear stamp from the Hero Arts "What's Perking?" clear stamp set.  I fixed the tea bag string after I saw this photograph.


I love my wooden tea bag stamp from the Lockhart Stamp Company.  Love the SEI Homestead papers that I used on this card too. 

Going to decorate our Christmas tree now.  Will be back tomorrow!
Have a great day!  Have a great night too!
Carol




No comments: