Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy 5th of July!

Hi Everyone!

I am sorry that my posts have been so few and far between.  I am still constantly creating, but I don't stop to photograph my creations.  As seems to happen for the next week or so I hope to post lots of pictures. 

Yesterday was the 4th of July.  Robbie had to work so we planned to celebrate today which worked out well because yesterday was such a rainy humid day.  Our basement is flooded-not as bad as it sometimes gets-but it will be something we will have to address tomorrow. 

Today we are celebrating the 4th of July, Robbie's 29th birthday, and Jeanne's 58th birthday all at the same time.  I will have pictures of their cards to share with you, but for this post I will share a picture of the cheese log Marie created for the party,

She used a recipe from one of our favorite cookbooks, Great Balls of Cheese by Michelle Buffardi.   Since pizza is one of Robbie's favorite foods this cheese log is perfect for him.


It looks like a real pizza, but it's not pizza.  It's made of cream cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese,  and grated parmesan cheese.  You cannot see the edges, but they are rolled in breadcrumbs which adds to the pizza look and feel of it.  Rob's a vegetarian so Marie didn't use real pepperoni.  Those slices are vegetarian pepperoni. There are finely chopped red and green peppers in and on the pizza.  The recipe also includes crushed tomatoes, chopped onion, minced garlic, and Italian seasonings.  Those ingredients are mixed with the cheeses. 

Our party isn't until 2 PM, but I am pretending it starts at noon.  The food is ready, but I still have lots of cleaning to do.  Story of my life.

Will be back later today with more pictures to share.

Happy 5th of July!
Carol

No comments: