Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Sympathy Card

Hi Everyone!

I like to have a stash of cards, tags, mini cards and gift bags on hand so that I can quickly put a last minute gift together.  Over the past 6 months I have been so busy creating stacks of cards for shower and birthday gifts that I haven't had time to build up my own stash.  There's a lull right now so I am going to take advantage of it and create some cards for my card drawer.

My friend Toni recently purged her paper crafting supplies and gave them to me.  I decided to play around with some of her papers.  I created this sympathy card last night.


I used one of my favorite sketches for this A2 card.  The layering paper measures 4" x 5.25".  The smaller piece of gold patterned paper measures 2" x 5.25".  It's mounted on some white tag that is 2.25" x 5.25".  The stamped piece that I add to that sketch varies depending upon what I stamp. 

I used a sentiment and an image from PaperTrey Ink's "Blooming Button Bits" clear stamp set on this card.  The buttons are from Favorite Findings.  I stock up on Favorite Findings buttons whenever JoAnn's is having a good sale on them. 

Some might say that the card is "too happy" to be a sympathy card.  I feel that it might help make someone who "needs a hug" feel good.  I always choose to make and send sympathy cards that are a little "happier".

Have a nice day!
Carol

No comments: