Search This Blog

Friday, July 21, 2017

Happy Summer

Hi Everyone!

I just read my blog posts for the past few weeks and realized I have been posting lots of gift bags, wreaths, and pinwheels, but not nearly enough cards.  So today I'll post a few of them.

This is one of my favorite cards that I created back in June.  I made it to celebrate summer.


The layering paper was some K & Company that I had for years.  I remember loving that collection and wish I had more of it.  The pitcher of lemonade is a Lawn Fawn stamp that I fussy cut after I embossed and colored it.  I added some Wink of Stellar to it to make it sparkle.  I backed the image with foam tape to make it really stand out.  Notice the shadow effect I created for the "happy" sentiment.


I've been using this technique a lot lately.  I use different Spellbinder label dies to create frames on my cards.  When I study this picture I wish I had run the white frame through an embossing folder to add texture to it.  Next time.  But I do still love the card.


I love this card.  I used a Sizzix die to create the popsicle.  The popsicle is backed with a piece of fun foam.  The white paper behind the popsicle was run through an embossing folder. 

I used cans of frozen juice to make popsicles with my preschool students.  They were always so excited to make them and eat them.  There are a couple of cans of juice in my freezer.  I realized last night that I should use them up to make some popsicles for us.  They'd be perfect in this humidity.  Hmm, if I make some right now they'll be frozen by the time Robbie gets home from work...

Have a great day!


No comments: