Search This Blog

Monday, October 9, 2017

Thanksgiving Cards

Good Morning!

Before I was a card maker, Christmas and Valentine's Day were the only holidays that I mailed cards to a few of my friends and my immediate family.  Now I send out cards on a few more holidays and Thanksgiving is one of them. 


I stamped the pumpkin onto 3 orange patterned papers and just the leaf and stem onto a scrap of green patterned paper. Then I fussy cut the leaf and stem and an outlined section from 2 of the pumpkins.  I adhered the pieces onto the remaining pumpkin and glued it to a piece of layering paper.  It was easy to cut the pumpkin pieces, but the stem was a bit more challenging.  In fact I cut off a little of the stem as the curl of it was too hard to cut.  The finished card leaves me wanting to make a few more of them.  We'll see.


This card makes me think of my friend Toni who now lives in Ohio.  She loves wreath stamps.  I stamped the twiggy wreath onto the gingham patterned paper.  I paper punched the leaves and bow from papers in my scrap bin and adhered them to the wreath.  Looks good to me.

 

I die cut the door and added some clear plastic to the openings to make it look as if the door has glass in it.  I used my Scor-Pal to score lines along the white layering paper.  Then I stamped a smaller version of the twiggy wreath onto that paper.  I added the leaves and bow before I adhered the door to the card.  The pumpkin is adhered to the card with foam tape to give the card dimension.

That's it for today.  Peggy, Martha, Angela, Amy, and Kathy are coming here for a potluck lunch and I need to get things ready for them.

Have a great day!

No comments: