Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Woodland animals

Hi Everyone!

A few weeks ago I bought a magazine called Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts.  I have seen copies of this magazine in JoAnn Fabrics and at Barnes and Noble.  This particular issue of the magazine has a lot of fun ideas in it.

One idea that I liked is on page 58.  It is called "Nature's Charmers" and they suggest you use adhesive-back white birchwood paper to create the animals and the tree. 

Well, I didn't have any of that paper, but I did have paper that I bought at JoAnn's that is 8.5" x 11" and is called 110 lb kraft paper.  This paper cuts easily with scissors.

There are patterns in the Pattern Pack at the back of the magazine for each of the animals and trees.  You enlarge the animals. 

I made a fox


and a bear.


I also made the doe,


the squirrel, and a tree.


I haven't made the deer with antlers yet.

They look great displayed on my kitchen window sill.

Have a nice night!

No comments: