Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Holders for Chocolate Carrots

Hi Everyone!

Easter is just 3 days from now.  I thought that some of you might enjoy seeing some of my recent crafts in case you need/want to create any last minute treats.  

Lindt sells a box of 4 milk chocolate carrots.

 
Each carrot is on a stick.  They look like carrot umbrellas to me.


I decided to create an "umbrella holder" for each carrot.  I can put the carrots at each place setting on Easter or put them in a basket.
 

These holders are easy to create.  Cut a piece of tag so that it measures 4" x 8".  Line the 8" side up against the top of your Scor-board and score at 1/2", 1.75", 4.25", and 5.5".  Turn the paper so that the 4" side is up against the top of your Scor-board and score at 1.25" and 2.75"
 
Use your bone folder to crease along all of your scored lines.  Then cut along the lines, but stop when you reach the center from each side.  Look at my photo to see what I mean.


Cut off the top strips from each side so that you are left with just one piece that is 1.5" long by .5" wide.  Punch a hole that is about 7/8" wide as shown in the photo. 

Now fold and tape to create the box.  You can cut a piece of tag that is 1.25" x 2.25" to decorate the front panel of the box.


I plan to share some other ideas tomorrow. 

Have a great night!


 

No comments: