Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Origami

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday my friend Susan sent me this card.


She used origami to create the dress.  The paper she used has a fabric look to it.  The creases in the dress are perfect.  I think she used paper with owls on it because she knows how much Robbie and I love owls.  She even put owl washi tape on the envelope.   

Susan is a real artist.  She used to own her own company and designed all of the note pads and cutouts that they sold.  Now she and her husband own an awesome gift store called the Dogwood Trading Company in Dansville, New York. 

Susan introduced me to paper crafting almost 20 years ago.  When we were at a trade show she showed me how to heat emboss.  She also showed me how to make punched out flowers look dimensional simply by pressing a stylus in the middle of them.  She designed the logo that I use on my cards, on my signs at craft fairs, and as the signature on my blog. 

When I opened the card that she sent me last night I recalled how much fun origami is and decided to create an origami card of my own.  I chose to create a sailboat because it's one of the easiest origami folds. 

It's hard to see in the photograph, but there are waves on this card.  I used Lawn Fawn's puffy cloud borders to create the waves.  The sentiment was created with a stamp from Lawn Fawn's "Float My Boat" clear stamp set.

Have a great night!

No comments: