Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Treat Holders

Hi Everyone!

I've been busy creating cards, but today I want to share some things that I am even more excited about than my cards.  Yesterday I saw some patriotic treat holders that were created by Susan Campfield.  I love her creations, but decided to make mine be a little detailed.  I have a stash of star buttons and used them in the center of my treat holders.


I have nesting star dies from Spellbinders that I used to create the patriotic holders.

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about the holders when I suddenly had an idea.  If the star dies made cute holders, why not use other shapes to create holders?  It was very early in the morning, but I jumped out of bed eager to try my idea. 

I decided to create some favors that could be used at a baby shower.  Since I was trying out my idea, I used random papers from my stash. 



The idea works.  Place 2 pieces of paper with right sides facing on the die.  Cut out the shape you want.  Create the "box" as described in Susan's blog and adhere it to your cutouts. 

Think of the possibilities. I like to have little creations on hand to give to friends when they come to visit. 
Look at your dies.  Maybe you have some that will work for you to create treat holders of your own.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Angela said...

They turned out great. You did a fantastic job!