Search This Blog

Friday, April 10, 2020

Bags for Easter

Hi Everyone,

I purchased candy for Easter early this year.  We won't be having guests here for Easter, but we will still try to brighten the day for some of our friends, family members and ourselves . 

Like all of my crafty friends I always have a stash of patterned papers, adhesives, ribbon, etc.  I also have a stash of plain gift bags in an assortment of sizes.  Last night I decorated some bags and filled them with treats.


The Easter paper that I had in my stash came with a sheet of stickers.  I used those stickers to embellish the bags and gift tags. 

In addition to decorating store bought plain gift bags, I also create some bags on my own.  I have a gift bag template that I purchased as a download from PaperTrey Ink years ago.  This template is still available to purchase from them at this link.


The bags are really easy to assemble and I keep blank ones handy so that I can decorate them for any occasion when I need one.  Here's how I used this bag.  We have a dear friend who turned 98 years old on March 21.  She lives alone in the house where she raised her family.  Like the rest of us she has been self-isolating for weeks.  Her son-in-law leaves groceries on her doorstep and talks to her from the front yard.  She continues to be the upbeat woman that we have known for more than 45 years. 

She loves receiving and sending cards.  So I filled this bag with handmade "thinking of you" cards for her to send.  I put postage stamps on the envelopes so she won't need to worry about stamps.  We will drop off her gift along with some baked goods on Sunday.  That's an idea that some of you crafty people might like to do...

Take care.

No comments: