Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

No Bake Cake

Hi Everyone!
In addition to reading books and magazines about papercrafting I also follow blogs and visit the web sites of the manufacturer’s of papercraft products. When I come home from the store with a papercrafting product I check the packaging to see if there’s a web site listed on it. If there’s one, I visit the web site to check it out. Sometimes I learn ways to use my new product and often I learn about other products carried by that manufacturer. If the manufacturer has a newsletter I sign up to receive it and then I learn even more ways to use the item I have purchased.
My friend, Janet, told me about the Hero Arts blog which she follows regularly and now I do too. By following their blog I learned about their "cling" stamps, purchased a few of them, and now I am a fan of them.

My friend, Susan, who first turned me onto this papercrafting passion, told me about the Split Coast Stampers. I signed up for their newsletter which now appears in my mailbox once a week. About 2 weeks ago the newsletter was about Tealight Cakes. As soon as I read the newsletter and saw a picture of a tealight cake, I knew I HAD to make one. Well, some 36+ tealights later, I can say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the tealights. I can make and decorate one from start to finish in under 15 minutes! I use scraps of paper to wrap the side and top of each tealight. I use my paper punches to punch out embellishments to decorate the tops of each tealight. I also used pearls and gems to add sparkle to the tops of the cakes.
I think these tealights would be perfect to place on a friend’s desk to wish them a Happy Birthday.

Please post a comment telling all of us about your favorite papercrafting web sites. Have a great day!

Carol

2 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

The tea lights were great, so cute. I don't have any favorites, I just love hearing from you. Maybe over the summer I'll get back to it.

Carol Hartery said...

Yes, we're going to have to get together to make cards. I am hoping to find someplace where at least a dozen of us can hang out to make cards.