Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sky, Water, and Sand

Good Morning!

It's a gorgeous day. The sky is blue and the air feels just right. I am sitting here at my work table watching the birds eating their breakfast. I just saw the most amazing blue jay. He was so "blue"! He was one beautiful bird.


This week's Tuesday Trigger from Moxie Fab World is really sticking in my mind. It's because I love cards with "grids" on them. I constantly create cards with 3, 6, or 9 images mounted on little circles, squares, etc. The card I created this time reminds me of the little 8 piece puzzles I used to play with years ago. The ones where you had to move the squares around to get the numbers in sequence or put the picture together.

I am calling the card, "Sky, Water, and Sand". If you study my background squares you will see starting at the top there are 3 sky squares, followed by 3 water squares, followed by 3 sand squares.

Some of the embellishments I placed on the squares are store bought and I put the others together. The balloons were created from a Martha Stewart balloon punch. I added gold jewelry wire to them for the balloon strings. I was surprised to discover that I don't have a sun stamp or a sun punch so I created the sun from a Martha Stewart cornflower punch. To give it some dimension, I stacked 2 punchouts on top of each other, but sandwiched a pop dot between them. The clouds are cut from felt scraps.

The beach ball is a Recollections sticker. I cut a "wave" and placed it in front of the ball to make it look as if the ball is floating in the water. I used a Fiskars triangle and a Fiskars oval punch to create the sailboat. The fish are Favorite Findings buttons.

The umbrella was created from a circle and scalloped border punch. The seashells are Favorite Findings buttons. The pail is a Recollections sticker and the sea star was cut from an EK Success paper punch. I pressed the sea star into a glue pad and then dipped it in fine glitter to add a little sparkle to it. "Best Fishes" is a stamp from River City Rubber Works.

And that's my card. I am thinking of using it as a retirement card for a friend of mine who loves the beach.

Have a great weekend!
Carol


1 comment:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Carol! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks again for playing along! :)