Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Birthday Cards

Hi Everyone!




It all began when I was viewing the sale stamps on the A Muse Art stamps web site. I was looking at the image for the Holiday tree stamp, but I didn't see it as just a tree. I also saw it as a party hat. Best of all that holiday tree/party hat was and still is on sale for just $2.00. So I purchased that stamp and a few others and 2 days later the package arrived at my house.


I used my water color pencils to color in 3 "party hats", cut them out, and adhered them to some paper from the Sassafras Nerdy Bird wee bundle. I adhered that paper to another paper from the Sassafras Nerdy Bird wee bundle, and stamped "happy birthday" with a clear stamp from my collection. I attached jewels from my stash to the dots on and the tops of the party hats.


Now that I had created one birthday card I decided to make a few others.  I used some papers from
Cosmo Cricket's Material Girl pad and a Hero Arts cupcake cling stamp to create this card. I stamped the bottom part of the cupcake stamp onto one paper and the top onto another paper. After I cut it out, I ran the "muffin wrapper" part of the cupcake through one of my paper crimpers and attached it to the layering paper. After cutting out the "frosting" on the cupcake I used pop dots to attach it to the layering paper.




The musical notes paper on this card is also from the Sassafras Nerdy Bird wee bundle. The cupcakes paper is from SEI's Happy Day collection. The birds are cut from a paper from dcwv Songbirds pad.


 
 
 
That's it for today!
Have a great night.
Carol

No comments: