Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Matthew

Hi Everyone!

While Robbie was out shoveling our driveway after yet another snowstorm I created a birthday card for a friend's grandson.  Matthew is a Green Bay Packers Fan and wants a football theme birthday party. 

I didn't have any football paper in my stash, but found some at JoAnn's.  I cut the paper down so that it measured 5.25" wide by 4" high and attached it to a blank card.  I searched on Google images for a photograph of a Green Bay Packers helmet, scaled the image down to 35% and printed 2 of them. After I fussy cut both helmets, I adhered one to the layering paper and then used dimensional tape to layer the second helmet on top of the first one.  This gave the helmet a 3 dimensional appearance. 

Placed "Rah!  Rah!  Rah!" stickers and an epoxy football sticker on the card and used alphabet stickers to spell out the birthday message to Matthew.  Showed it to Rob who gave it a thumbs up so off it goes into the mail. 

Happy Birthday Matthew!

Have a great day everyone!
Carol

No comments: