Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Day After Valentine's Day to You

Hi Everyone!


Happy Day After Valentine's Day! I hope that your holiday was as special as mine was. My children continue to amaze me. I did a teacher training from 3 PM to 5 PM yesterday and didn't arrive home until close to 6:30. Robbie was working and I offered to take Marie out to dinner, but she chose to cook our dinner. She cooked a yummy spiral ham, potatoes, and carrots. Then she went a step further and made whoopie pies and mini cherry cheesecakes from scratch. Rob arrived home in time for dessert. He commented that he thinks the real Marie was abducted by aliens!

Marie made this valentine. 

Marie worked feverishly at creating a valentine for me. She found the world map that she needed on Google images. She used stickers and rhinestones to embellish her card. The inside of the card reads, "Mi Madre, Happy Valentine's Day! Maybe later we can skip and hold hands. Love, Marie". "We can skip and hold hands" is a line from Gilmore Girls. Marie and I have watched every episode of that show together over and over again.


Rob chose to create his valentine for me on the computer. He asked if I'd show him how to use my Scor-Pal to create creases to help fold cardstock. He found the image that he wanted for his card in Google images. His card made all of his laugh because Marie is truly a choco-holic and can sniff it out when it's in the house.










The cards I am sharing with you today were created with papers from Cosmo Cricket's "DeLovely" Mini Deck. I LOVE the bright colors that Cosmo Cricket used to create this line. I turned to Paper Crafts "Go to Sketches" special issue magazine for inspiration for the cards. Both cards were completely inspired by two of Teri Anderson's sketches. I paper punched the flowers and circles on both cards. I only adhered the centers of the flowers to the layering papers so that I could bend their petals and raise them slightly off the cards. The text on the first card was stamped with an Impression Obsession wooden stamp. The text on the second card was stamped with a Northwoods wooden stamp.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you have a great night!
Carol
 
 





2 comments:

Cindy said...

What cool cards and kids you have! It's great that during this difficult time for you that you're receiving so many blessings from it as well!

I have that same Delovely stack and that's my absolute favorite color combo.

I'll try to share with you soon what I got for Valentine's. ;)

Alyssa S. said...

What a nice Valentine's Day! I love Marie's creativity...especially the Gilmore Girls-inspired card! :)