Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

More Valentines!

Good Morning Everyone!

I cannot believe that I haven't posted for 5 days.  I guess I was too busy creating cards to notice! 

Most of you have seen "Riley" cards in other posts.  Riley is Jeanne's adorable little dog who NEVER stops barking.  Since the  "puppy with heart" stamp from Serendipity stamps reminds me of Riley I use it over and over again when I am creating cards for Jeanne.  This card will be Jeanne's valentine this year.  I found the ribbon in my stash and thought the words on it suited Riley's relationship with Jeanne perfectly.


Marie has become my tea drinking buddy.  She's a coffee drinker in the AM, but a tea drinker after dinner.  Every night she makes each of us a cup of tea with a splash of milk and Splenda.  This card will be Marie's valentine.  
The background papers are from the American Crafts "Abode" collection.  The "big cup" is a Hero Arts cling stamp.  The text was created with an
A Muse Artstamps.  

As you know I LOVE everything about SEI.  I follow their blog on a daily basis.  It's through their blog that I learn about their products.  It's through their blog that I become inspired on ways to use their products.  It's through their blog that I learn wonderfully creative ideas and techniques.  Last week I read Audrey Yeager's "Heart Garland Tutorial" and immediately sat down and created some of those hearts.  I hung mine from pegs on my favorite display shelves that MaryBeth gave me several years ago.  I am hoping to make more of them so I can hang some in my bay window.  Valentine's Day is coming fast, but happily the hearts are quick and easy to create.

My "Chickie with a heart balloon" valentines received such a positive response that I made more of them.  This card uses the same sketch I used last week, but I changed the layering paper and love this card even more.  The layering paper is from the American Crafts "Abode" collection.  We are going to make this exact card in my paper crafting class tonight for Lexington Community Education.  The chickie stamp is one of the many chickie stamps that Denami Designs creates for us. 

I am planning to spend the day cooking.  My schedule is happily becoming packed with teacher trainings and classes so I want to fill my freezer with meals we can grab. 

Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: