Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Anne of Green Gables Note Cards

Hi Everyone!



As I told you a few days ago my sister Jeanne has been a fan of the Anne of Green Gables book series since she was about 10 years old. To celebrate Jeanne's 55th birthday on July 16th I gave her an Anne of Green Gables party and created some note cards for her.


I skimmed the Anne of Green Gables books and went onto the internet to find quotes from some of the books. I selected a few of those quotes and typed them on my computer using a cursive font that is called "Adorable". I deliberately selected quotes that coordinated with some of my stamps and/or patterned papers. Here are some of the note cards I made for her.
 

I used a Hero Arts Silouette Women cling stamp for the image on this card. 
 



 I used a Heartfelt Creations wooden rose stamp for the image on this card.  The bees are tiny brads from Eyelet Outlet and the layering paper is from K and Company.
 
I used a piece of Memory Box paper from their 6" x 6" Nightfall collection for the layering paper for this card.  The leaf is a button.



The trees on this card were stamped with a Mod Tree Border stamp from Memory Box.  
 
The lace on this card is from Hero Arts.  The image was created with a wooden stamp from the Hero Arts Three Silhouettes set. 

Happily Jeanne loved her party and her cards.  Have a great night!
Carol

2 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

What a great idea, this is wonderful. Jeanne is so lucky to have you as a sister. This can be done for any great movie. (Harry Potter here I come)

Carol Hartery said...

Hi Peggy!
Your Harry Potter idea is a great one. I am planning to teach some classes out of my home this fall. Maybe you can come and make some Harry Potter cards there.
Hope your home has AC. Mine doesn't!