Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Western theme Wedding card

Hi Everyone!

A friend asked me to create a wedding card that has a western theme.  I instantly envisioned a card with a lasso and text that included the words, "Tie the knot".  I didn't find any western themed stamps at the local paper crafting stores, but did find some Sandylion Essentials Western stickers at AC Moore. 

I found some 8" x 8" denim and bandana patterned papers in my stash.  I cut the papers down so that they'd fit on an A7 card.  I used a Martha Stewart Zig Zag edger punch to embellish the edge of the denim patterned paper before I adhered it to a strip of the bandana patterned paper. 

I created all of the text bubbles on my computer.  After I printed them I fussy cut them before I attached them and the Western stickers to the layering paper.  The boot stickers are attached to the inside of the card. 

I love the textures that the embellishments add to the card. 

The plumber is here to install a pump in the basement floor.  He's also going to fix a leaky faucet and best of all fix the one toilet (the handle broke yesterday) that we have in this house!  Oh, happy day!

Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

How creative, fun, and pretty too! Way to go Carol~~