Search This Blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Altered Halloween Drawer Dividers

Hi Everyone!

While I was walking around Home Goods the other day I spotted a set of 3 bamboo drawer dividers that looked like "shadow boxes" to me.  It was easy to transform them into Halloween displays.   Be sure to click on each image to enlarge it. 


The background paper is "Batty" paper from SEI.  The fence is an SEI border and the ghosts are SEI accents.  I used a Sizzix haunted house die to cut the house from some SEI paper.  The buttons are Favorite Findings.  I created the text on my computer and then used a purple Marvy Uchida circle paper punch to cut the "moon" out.  I folded back the side pieces of the fence and adhered them to the sides of the drawer divider so that the fence is 3-dimensional.



The other day I mentioned that I had seen a "B-O-O" frame in a store.  I liked the concept, but not the way it was done.  I played around with different size letters and finally was happy with the creation you see here.  
Each letter is like a little sandwich.  For example the "B" sandwich is made this way...foam tape, B, foam tape, B.  This technique successfully raised the letters inside the drawer divider.  The background paper, the black paper, and the ghosts are from SEI.  The borders are from K and Company. 




Everything except for the "moon" in this display is from SEI.  The "hoo's there" background paper is from SEI's Eerie Alley collection.  I used a Sizzix die to cut the tree which I adhered to the paper with foam tape.    Shiny black owls are on shiny black branches.  I cut additional owls and adhered them on top of the other owls with foam tape so that they would really pop off the card.   The tiny owls and jack o'lantern are epoxy stickers.

Be sure to check out my previous post to see the other Halloween displays that I recently made.

Have a great night! 
Carol

No comments: