Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wonderful Birthday from Hero Arts

Hi Everyone!

There was a touch of Fall in the air earlier today. I don’t know why, but I always feel like cooking on a day like this so I made 6 quarts of spaghetti sauce, a colorful fruit salad, and a huge garden salad. Then I cleaned the stove, organized the kitchen cabinets, and cleaned and organized the refrigerator.

Meanwhile, back in "My Own Little Corner" I’ve been very busy. I haven’t packed up any of my creations so my living room looks more and more like a little store. I’ve been bouncing back and forth between Halloween and Christmas decor, but stopped last night to work on some birthday cards. No matter how many birthday cards I create I always seem to need more.

I recently purchased a set of "Wonderful Birthday" clear stamps from Hero Arts. Their shipping has been awesome. I have been receiving orders from them sometimes just one day after I order them or two days at the most. When I order something online I want it NOW!

There’s a cute little bird wearing a party hat in the stamp set. I’ve already used him on some mini and some full size cards. I stamped him directly on the cards and I also stamped him on some Bitty Dots papers. I fussy cut just the bird’s body and hat from the Bitty Dots papers and then adhered him directly on top of the images that were stamped on the cards. That way I didn’t have to worry about trying to cut his feet or the twirls on his hat.



The balloons on each card are attached to the cards with foam tape. I attached baker’s twine or embroidery floss to each balloon. The suns were cut with a die.

I created the back ground paper on this card by flicking drops of Twinkling H2Os onto it.

I ran it through a Cuttlebug D’vine Swirls embossing folder before I adhered it to a blank card. After I stamped the cupcakes I used my Copic markers to color them. Then I fussy cut them and separated the cupcake bottom for the frosting. The cupcake bottoms are glued to the card. The frosting tops are attached to the cards with foam tape. The candle flames are epoxy stickers.

The balloons on these cards are from a clear stamp that I had in my stash. I am not sure of its origin.


Once again I stamped the balloons directly onto the card and then stamped then again on white tag. I colored the balloons with Twinklette markers and then fussy cut them. I used foam tape to place them on top of the image that was stamped on the card.

That’s it for today!
Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: