Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby Cards, Graduation Cards, Mother's Day Card


Hi Everyone!

The card orders I have been receiving from my friends lately truly are a reflection of the circle of life: bridal shower, wedding, new baby boy, new baby girl, first birthday, high school graduation, college graduation, 80th birthday, and sympathy, I’ve also been creating some gift cards, gift boxes, altered frames, and Mother’s Day cards. The infection in my ear continues to slow me down, but I had a productive day today.

I found some decorative photo corners from K & Company in my stash and decided to use them on some of my cards.




The clothes on the "It's a Boy" card are adhered to the card with foam tape.  The lace (courtesy of Diane) on the "It's a Girl" card is attached to the back of the layering paper.  The panel I attached to the front of the card also helps hold it in place. 

This graduation cap card that I first created about 2 years ago continues to be my most popular graduation card.


I use a template from the Klutz Press Handmade Cards book to create the card which folds into a square.  Here's the inside of the card.


I vary the colors of the caps and tassels so that they reflect the school colors of the graduate's school.  I use rectangular envelopes for 5" x 7" cards for the graduation cards because square envelopes are more expensive to mail. 

Here's one of the Mother's Day cards I made today.


I used a Hero Arts/Sizzix stamp and die cut set to create the flower. 

Have a great night!
Carol


No comments: