Search This Blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Thank you

Hi Everyone!

It's Saturday morning and I could be sleeping, but my mind is racing so I decided to get up and be productive. I have been a fan of Lawn Fawn stamps since their first stamp set arrived on the market.  I own most of their stamps and have owned all of their 6" x 6" paper pads.  I follow their blog and watch their videos on YouTube.

In the video that I watched the other night Kelly Marie showed a cool technique using a cloud cutout  and distress ink to create a sky background.  You can watch the video at this link.  I don't have Lawn Fawn's tag stamp or die, but I have several other tag dies and keep a stash of die cut tags on hand.  I like to create scenes on them and add them to blank cards.

I am working on 2 different gift sets that will be all thank you cards so that's what you'll mostly be seeing on my blog for a while. 

Here's the card I created last night. 

 
The rainbow paper is from Lawn Fawn's "Hello Sunshine!" small paper pad.  The sailboat is from Lawn Fawn's "Float My Boat" clear stamp set.  The sentiment was created with a Stampendous wooden stamp that was sitting on my work table. 
 
I used Kelly Marie's technique on 2 blank white tags.  Then I stamped a sailboat directly on the first tag.  I also stamped it on a scrap of rainbow paper, fussy cut the sails and adhered them to the tag.  I cut down the second tag and used a Fiskars waves border punch to create waves on it.  The tag is attached to the card with foam tape.  I rounded the corners on my layering paper and card to mimic the rounded corners on the tag.  The buttons remind me of port holes. 
 
Have a great Saturday!
Carol


No comments: