Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Western theme cards

Hi Everyone!

When I learned that the theme for Lauren's bridal shower was a Western one I looked through my papercrafting supplies to see what I already owned that could be used for a Western theme.  I found an AccuCut Zip'e Slim die with a boot and a cactus on it, a Sizzix die with a larger cactus, and a Sizzix die with a cowboy hat.  That was all I had so I bought a few more things.

I bought a Paper Smooches "Buckaroo" clear stamp set and Lawn Fawn's "Happy Trails" clear stamp set mostly because I wanted the 'Happy Trails" sentiment in it.  I also purchased a QuicKutz horseshoe die, Carta Bella's "Giddy Up Boy" 6" x 6" paper pad, and Best Creation's "Cowboy Up" 6" x 6" paper pad.  I couldn't  resist buying multiple packages of SandyLion Western Essentials dimensional stickers. 

My standard gift for most occasions has become cards or some other papercraft.  I wanted to make cards for the bridal shower, but wasn't sure how many to make.  I asked a few friends and they suggested 20 to 24 cards.  I decided to make 24 cards, a gift box, and a bridal shower card. 

Many years ago when my employer at that time asked me to create 75 Christmas cards for some reason I made 75 different ones and that took more thought than was needed.  After I did all of the work I realized the cards were going all over the country and it wouldn't have matter if there were duplicates. 

So this time I was smart.  I made 2 of each card which meant I only needed 12 different ideas.  Here are some of the cards.


I stamped the boots twice.  Once on a tan textured paper and once on a dark brown textured paper.  I fussy cut the tan ones and adhered them to the brown ones.  The hearts are Country buttons I found in my stash. 

 
There was a set of "trading cards" for lack of a better word in one of the paper pads.  I cut them up and put them on some of the cards.
 
 
 
These boots were also cut from textured paper.  The stars are brads.  I folded the sentiments banner to add dimension to the card.
 
 
 
This was a super easy card to create.  I just cut down a piece of the paper so that it measured 4" x 5.25" and adhered it to a tan blank card.  I used a word bubble stamp from The Alley Way Stamps "Talk to Me" clear stamp set for the word bubble, fussy cut it and stamped "thanks" in it. 
 
 
 
The boots on this card are SandyLion Western Essentials stickers.  I used a die to cut a stash of tags and used one of them on this card. 
 
That's it for today.  I'll be back soon to share more of the cards.
 
Have a great day!
Carol





1 comment:

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, these are delightful! You carried out the Western theme very well with these. I know they will be a huge hit!!!