Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Reindeer Noses

Hi Everyone!

I know that it has been months since I posted anything on my blog, but I am hoping to at least post some of my cards and projects that I am making for Christmas and then we'll see what happens.  I use my blog as a place to store my ideas and then I use the search feature on my blog to me locate a specific creation.

Marie recently gave me Dan's old tablet.  Before I go to sleep at night I read on it for a while and then I ooh and aah over the amazing ideas that are posted on Pinterest.  Today I made multiples of some of those ideas to use as stocking stuffers for Robbie, Marie, and my sisters. 


First one of my favorites, reindeer nose.  I love the way my header turned out.  I used my EK Success reindeer punch to create the reindeer.  I cut the reindeer out of dark brown and kraft tag.  I trimmed the antlers off of the dark brown reindeer and then I adhered the brown tag to the kraft tag so that you could see the kraft antlers.  I used foam tape to adhere the reindeer to the header.  I added a rhinestone nose, a wiggly eye, and a cool fabric bow that came from a strip of bow ribbon that Toni gave me. 



On Pinterest the red nose is usually shown as a gumball.  I would have been happy to use a red gumball or a red hot ball, but couldn't find either one at Target so I decided to use Lindor chocolates that are wrapped in red paper in place of the gumball.  The brown "noses" are malted milk balls.

I typed the sentiment on my computer and printed it on patterned paper. 


The snowman idea is often made with a roll of Rollo candies.  I bought some Rollo candies, but they never made it to my crafting table.  Yeah, Robbie I am talking about you!  So in place of the Rollo candies, I used rolls of Mento candies. 


I cut the fingers off of some pairs of dollar gloves to use for the snowman's hat.  I used a variety of rhinestones for the eyes, nose, mouth, and buttons.  The scarf was created with a scrap of ribbon. 

That's all for today, but I will be back tomorrow to show you some of the other fun things I have been creating. 

Have a great day!
Carol


No comments: