Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Oh Happy Day

Hi Everyone!

It's hard to believe that it has been almost 2 years since I have posted anything on this blog.  I have resigned from my job and am taking the summer off to regroup.  Hopefully, I will have more time to post some of my creations.

A friend told me that she likes to send "thinking of you" cards so that is what I have been working on for the last few days. 


The birds were stamped from an older set of Hero Arts wooden stamps, colored with Memento markers, and then I used a Wink of Stella glittery clear marker to make the birds sparkle.  I used the branch from Papertrey Ink's "Take a Bough" clear stamp set.  The sentiment was stamped with a clear stamp from Lawn Fawn's "Hello Sunshine" clear stamp set. 


Some of the "thinking of you" cards I have been creating have a summer theme.  This is one of my favorites.  I was trying to figure out what type of paper to use for the background and spotted this one in my stash.  It reminds me of the skin on a watermelon.  I used the watermelon from Hero Art's "Simply the Best" clear stamp set to create the watermelon.  First I stamped on the same tag as the background paper and then onto red tag.  I fussy cut both of the stamped images and then adhered the red image onto the green one.  I glued some thin fun foam to the back of the bottom watermelon slice to give it dimension.  The sentiment was stamped with a Dandelion Designs wooden stamp. 

Hope you have a happy day!

No comments: