Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Outdoor Pinwheels


Hi Everyone!

Many of you have seen the paper pinwheels I create to use as decorations and on gift bags and packages.  I use a We R Memory Keepers pinwheel maker to cut the paper for them.

My sister Paula asked me to create some outdoor pinwheels for her.  I knew that paper ones wouldn't last long outdoors.  I tried plastic scrapbook paper and that didn't work either.

I walked around Staples and found some heavy duty plastic file folders.  The blade in the pinwheel maker would not cut the plastic so I made some paper templates.  I traced them onto the plastic and cut the plastic by hand.  

It was raining so I quickly put one out on my deck.  It immediately started to spin around.  When I looked outside the next morning the pinwheel was still spinning and was still intact.

So I made these pinwheels for Paula.












Have a great day

 





No comments: